Thursday, May 10, 2007

A good healthy whiz on the carpet to start the day

The morning started out so nicely. The kids actually slept in! Girl was up at 7:00am. As I sat here on the computer, she shuffled in, her hair in lovely disarray, sleepy smile on her face, ready for a hug. She is so snugly. Boy woke up at 7:30! A record. He's normally our little rooster, stirring before 6am. So, this was a delicious, lazy morning. He has the gift of always waking in good spirits, ready to start the day. After breakfast, we turned on "Curious George", and I helped him take off his nighttime pull-up. He has gotten really good at dressing himself, but sometimes in the pursuit of expediency I help him. He's had a bad case of eczema lately and I wanted to slather him with Aquaphor the miracle ointment (although I don't recommend it for a 2 1/2 year old to slather on their clothes and bedding ...[see last post.]) So, I go into the kitchen to throw out the pull-up and suddenly hear a sound not unlike a waterfall. At the same time I hear, "I'm going pee pee!" - said with a fair amount of gleefulness, I might add. I run back into the living room just in time to see Boy whizzing directly on the living room rug. It is his first pee of the morning and it is ...shall we say....plentiful. I cannot contain myself from shrieking "BOY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!! (At the moment "don't make a big deal out of it, you don't want your child to be shamed and set him up for many years of future therapy" thoughts were just not present. No, I have to say those recommended ways of parenting were quite far from my consciousness.) "Boy, GO TO THE BATHROOM AT ONCE AND CLEAN-UP!" Poor little guy just stood there kind of stunned, dribbling pee down his legs. Girl, of course, never one to miss a prime learning curve, took it all in smiling like the Cheshire Cat...probably filing the idea under "fun things to do to outrage Mommy." So, after clean-up - God, I HOPE pee comes out of Persian carpets.... I am certainly awake now and ready to start the day! Or, maybe I should go back to bed and pull the covers over my head...


submit to reddit

3 comments:

  1. hi jck,

    your blogs are cool. i appreciate it. i am impressed so much that i also started to blog..

    regards,
    vijay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Vijay! Glad you like it. Let me know when you have your blog up and I'll come check it out.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer taking comments.

Copyright © 2007-2014 JCK.



The content on these pages is the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent.

All Rights Reserved.