Monday, July 30, 2007

Boy returns to school and Girl doling out table manners


We were all up at 5am this morning. That was doable. The kids seem to be getting back on this time zone faster than me. It's 8pm, I'm whipped and they're in their room - supposedly going to sleep and Girl keeps yelling at the top of her lungs to Boy: You're waking me up!!

Time outs were de rigueur today.

You're a POOP POOP!
You're a DINK DINK!...whatever that means.
Stinky BUTT!
Boy: Mommy, we're fighting! Me: Do, I care?

Boy was so excited to be back at school this morning. I wasn't sure how he was going to be as he hasn't been in school for 4 weeks. But, he was ready. No hesitation. In fact, he ran in his classroom, spotted one of his pals and sat down and started playing - pausing only to give one of his teachers a big hug. It is summer water play now, so when I picked him up he was covered in happy dirt, racing up and down the school yard with his two pals who were pushing dump trucks. Dirt, dump trucks, running... can't get much better than that.

I was called into the playroom this morning by Girl who had a meal prepared for me at her little table. Wielding a spatula and wearing a pink checked apron she whipped up a delicious concoction at her toy kitchen. I was served a hamburger, wedge of cheese and an orange with hot tea and chocolate milk. Best meal I ever had. She showed me where I could empty my plate into the garbage when I was done and how to put my dishes in the sink. She also reminds me not to talk with my mouth full at the dinner table. How lovely to be be taught table manners. At least I'm learning something.


submit to reddit

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer taking comments.

Copyright © 2007-2014 JCK.



The content on these pages is the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent.

All Rights Reserved.