Friday, March 13, 2009

What do I want from the interviews?


I've been absolutely giddy the last couple of days. And moved to tears. All, because of the women who have agreed to be interviewed. Their stories are rich, full of life, and not without loss of some kind.


What do I want from the interviews? To provide a safe place in which the person being interviewed feels comfortable. Which is why I have closed comments on the individual interview posts. I am not editing these interviews. What you see is what they said.


I have the pleasure of getting glimpses into their lives, discussing issues we don't often give voice to, and sharing the interviews with you. I hope you are enjoying them as much as I am. So, lean back...put your feet up, get comfortable and dig in... as we discuss feminism, identity, marriage, the single life, parenting and sex...from a variety of viewpoints.


************
Painting titled: "A Quiet Read" by Zoe Hadley.



submit to reddit

14 comments:

  1. Some great ideas here. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so enjoying reading them. What wonderful ideas you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed the first two interviews quite a bit. I particularly enjoyed seeing the similarities and differences between Holly and Stephanie. It fascinates me to consider why people are the way they are.

    I hope you'll continue to select women who are very different from each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read all the way through them yet because I didn't want to see what anyone else answered before I turned in mine. I'm off to read them now and I've been looking forward to it all week.

    Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read Holly's interview. Those were wonderful questions and I enjoyed learning so much more about Holly - I just love her!

    Hope you have a good weekend, J. See you soon - Kellan

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great--although I read both Stephanie and Holly, I feel like I'm really getting to know them through this series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've started working on mine... it may take a while. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm enjoying the interviews greatly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a very brave thing for you to have organised really.

    I love that painting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful painting. Wonderful series of interviews!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I should have done like blognut and waited until I was finished with mine to read the interviews. I've read the four currently up, and I now feel even more woefully inadequate to do justice to the questions. However, you know me well enough to know I'll probably get over it. :) These are wonderful and I look forward to reading the others.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This interview idea of yours is wonderful. I am so enjoying getting to meet new people. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. JCK, what a wonderful, wonderful series! I am excited to read all of them (I need to sequester myself somewhere though...)especially since some of them are fave reads, and I love getting to meet new ones as well. Your questions are brilliant as well...what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer taking comments.

Copyright © 2007-2014 JCK.



The content on these pages is the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent.

All Rights Reserved.