Monday, November 29, 2010

JCK's pie in the sky illusions...

When all the pie comes to settle in the mid-section, it is to be noted that JCK reached for a bit of Pie in the Sky illusions this month. JCK appears to often set her sights a bit too high. Without the fun of actually being high. The eighties are gone. *sigh* Somehow in her dreamy little mind JCK imagined that this month of NaBloPoMo would accelerate her writing. Indeed...not.


This month has not been about much writing. It's been about throwing something - anything, on the page. However, JCK CAN SAY that it has been about persistence. Of that, she appears to have some mojo. Which has not always been the case. There have been many examples of What Ifs? And..If Onlys leading up to JCK's life of middle years. So, NaBloPoMo has not beaten her yet. But, then...there IS one. more. day.

The last time JCK did NaBloPoMo was in 2007. Three years ago. She recalls one weary night in which she told NaBloPoMo to just...well, BLOW. It wasn't pretty. JCK is not proud of this break-down. It was not very classy or polite. But, JCK was out of juice. Flat out.

NaBloPoMo is a brilliant concept. And introduces wonderful writers to the blogosphere and ...beyond. JCK has realized that NaBloPoMo is best taken on with a theme. She, of course, did not realize this until...now.

JCK has enjoyed reading other bloggers who participated in NaBloPoMo this year. She expecially loved the blogs participating in the 30 Days of Thankfulness for November.

JCK is thankful. Yes, she is. JCK is Thankful that NaBloPoMo is almost over....



**************

JCK is participating in NaBloPoMo, (30 posts in 30 days), for the month of November.


submit to reddit

5 comments:

  1. I think I may be a contrarian--I posted less this month than I ever do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did it, but I hedged my bet by not telling anyone!! Is that lame or what?

    Sometimes I felt I was just posting any old thing, but a couple times, the obligation really gave me a kick start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't "get" the every day concept, but it sure was nice "seeing" more of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm amazed you even tried -- I can't imagine doing it, except maybe in a shorter, twitter-like format. But, you know, persistence is a very big deal in life, so good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And yet I do not feel cheated in the least!
    My son has a blog and was up many a late night to meet his quota. He was often very behind. In the end - I think he's glad he participated. He has the start of a novel - that needs tons of editing! And he made some new friends - others in the area who were looking for support as they went through the month. My son says they want to keep meeting weekly to encourage each others writing.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer taking comments.

Copyright © 2007-2014 JCK.



The content on these pages is the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent.

All Rights Reserved.