Friday, August 24, 2012

Hot stuff

JCK is looking forward to the cooler weather ahead. Between the hot flashes within her, and these last August days, she is feeling a bit overcooked. In addition, the Motherscribe household is fraught with temperature accelerations of the human kind, and JCK is not interested in playing referee.

To break up the long evenings, they occasionally go out for yummy frozen treats. Recently, while the Motherscribe family was sitting outside, at a frozen yogurt establishment, a couple of fire trucks pulled up. One of the firemen came over and passed out Firefighter sticker badges to BOY & GIRL. On the way out, BOY couldn't resist a parting word...

BOY: Bye! Don't worry, I'll give you guys a break.

FIRE FIGHTERS: Oh, yeah??

BOY: I won't play with matches.

Everyone enjoys seeing handsome Firefighters laugh hysterically, don't they?

GIRL, meanwhile, has been contemplating important upcoming events - like...Halloween...


GIRL: I can't decide WHAT I am going to be for Halloween!

JCK: Oh, there's plenty of time.

GIRL: It's between an Angel and the Devil,

Pause....

GIRL: I think I'm going to be the Devil!

Yes! JCK is looking forward to fall. Although saying goodbye to Summer is always bittersweet...



submit to reddit

3 comments:

  1. I hear you. I'm looking ahead, like your daughter, to fall, but I'm not ready to let summer go yet either. Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love handsome firefighters in any setting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always fun seeing the reactions people have to what our kids say, huh? There was a plumber here recently and Dylan followed him around asking question after question. I'm pretty sure the guy doesn't have kids because he looked bewildered by him. Poor guy almost RAN out the door when he was done.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer taking comments.

Copyright © 2007-2014 JCK.



The content on these pages is the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent.

All Rights Reserved.