Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Buh-Bye!

Apparently I say this. This...this... Buh-Bye, thing.

Every time I hang up on the telephone. I hear this...

Mommy, you said it... again.

I did?

Yes! It is bye-bye. Not Buh-Bye!


And so it goes... It appears that I cannot break this habit of Le Buh-Bye.
*********************

And then there was the recent discussion of the weight limit on the bunk beds in Boy's & Girl's room.

GIRL: We can go on the top bunk. But, Mommy is over the weight limit for the top bunk.
****************

BOY is reading. Everywhere. Anything. It is very exciting. Yesterday, we were backing out of a parking lot and he suddenly said...

B**** S****!

BOY, that is a BAD WORD!

Mommy, I was just reading that license plate.

JCK: What!?

BOY: That license plate. Over there.

JCK: Oh...BOB SMITH. I thought you said something else...

GIRL: What, Mommy!? WHAT did you think BOY said? What was the BAD WORD?

JCK: Never mind....


submit to reddit

10 comments:

Midwest Mom said...

Oh, that happens to me, too... I mistakenly hear the F-bomb everywhere.

Jen said...

Those are all great! Funny, how early we start criticizing our parents, huh?! I remember I used to check every morning to make sure my dad's socks matched his outfit. I was probably 7! Now, I really, really try not to complain about how he and my mom say "warsh their clothes". "WARSH?!" They are both educated people! Why do they put an R in wash?! Drives. me. crazy.

phd in yogurtry said...

Mommy is over the weight limit for the top bunk. That is too funny. I love small kid chatter. There are some conversations only mommies are privvy too. Wait, mommies and teachers, like vodka mom, who certainly lets us in on some doozies.

Angeline said...

*laugh*
Oh yes, we often have to pay attention to what we say and what we do to avoid being corrected by our little ones and of cos', more importantly to set a good example.

I'm surprised that Girl didn't bug you further... to give the answer...
*giggle*

blognut said...

Don't you just love having the kids around to keep you in line... and humble?

painted maypole said...

yes, the reading thing makes me a little nervous sometimes, too

g said...

Oh, dear!! Nothing quite as humbling as a candid observation from a child! You've got your sense of humor back....!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

My sign off is "talk to you soon." Which doesn't really work so well for telemarketers and the like.

AZMom said...

LOL I say buh bye sometimes too. LOL too many nights of watching SNL!

Love the conversations you posted with your kids!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Oh dear, learning how to read can create some challenges, I suppose. Like if your child points to a T-shirt that says, "S*** happens" and asks what the 'S' word means. That could be entertaining. Hasn't happened to me yet, of course, but it could still be entertaining!

Copyright © 2007-2014 JCK.



The content on these pages is the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent.

All Rights Reserved.