Saturday, November 17, 2007

NaBloPoMo - Day 17- The email that would change our lives forever

September 2003
Tonight E and I were getting ready to go out to hear a friend's band at a local club. I thought I'd check my email while he was still primping. God knows, the man takes longer than I do in front of the mirror and that is saying A LOT. I sat down in front of the computer with my kick ass Rod Stewart-like boots ... red snakeskin with back zippers, just over the ankle. Niiiice. [E bought them for me. He is really GOOD.] And, with "I'm over 40 and got nothing to lose baby" attitude, I checked my email. And this is what I found...

Dear E & J,

My name is T. I am looking for adoption parents. But there is one thing I have to ask. It would be very important to me that I can be apart of your life and the child. I am have a hard time giving my child up but i know someone else can give him what he needs

I only ask because my father is going to pass away soon and I cant handle losing another person in my life. So I need to know how you feel about this. I looked through all the families in here and you were the ones even the baby started kicking when I read your profile. Well, please write back and let me know I would truly love to have my baby be yours and I know you would be wonderful parents.

Sincerely,
T


OH, MY GOD!!!!! E! Come here quick! E!!! COME IN HERE!!!


To be continued....


submit to reddit

13 comments:

  1. I can't imagine the heart palpitations. This has to be the best e-mail you have or ever will receive. Can't wait for the next installment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's something. Wow. You little storyteller, you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to post a comment here this past week, but "error" keeps coming up for me when I attempt. This post made me want to jump out of my seat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been trying to post a comment here this past week, but "error" keeps coming up for me when I attempt. This post made me want to jump out of my seat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This letter brought tears to my eyes - I can only imagine the Joy that filled your heart!! What a wonderful story you have - what a wonderful story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to hear what happens next! Keep us posted, will you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would probably wet myself if I received that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is better than any soap opera!

    ReplyDelete
  9. In one instant, when we are least expecting it, things happen that change us forever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And that, my friend, is a life-changing and defining moment that you will NEVER-EVER-EVER forget. Oh how terribly exciting!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer taking comments.

Copyright © 2007-2014 JCK.



The content on these pages is the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent.

All Rights Reserved.