Monday, November 5, 2007

NaBloPoMo - Day 5 - hope, reassurance and possibility

February 2002

The metal chair felt really cold and hard, or maybe it was just because I was so nervous. And excited. I grabbed E's hand, always SO warm. We were here! I looked around at all the other people in the room. Most were couples, but there were 2 single women. So many of us wanting to become parents. So many wanting a baby. On the wall were photo collages of happy families. All kinds of families. It was one of the things that had attracted me to this agency rather than the others, when I had attended the RESOLVE conference back in September. The openness. And the hope. It was a good thing as the energy wafting off all of us was desperate for hope, reassurance and possibility. Suddenly the nervous chatter died away as the facilitator walked into the room and over to the white board. And she wrote:

Myths About Open Adoption


submit to reddit

6 comments:

  1. "So many of us wanting to become parents. So many wanting a baby. "

    JCK, I can just picture it. Truly. Love the installment, waiting for the next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WorksforMom - thanks for your heartfelt comments. I appreciate it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NIAW...got it. I'm sending out fertility mojo to everyone on the planet. Go babies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love a post with a cliffhanger. Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your story is like watching a movie - I don't want the story to end until I find out everything that happens. I'll be back to read the next chapter. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you! It took a long time, lots of meds, and the reproductive endocrinologist for us to get our Boy Wonder, too. I'm so PROUD to see you showing adoption as an option. So many children need homes. It was the ONLY next step we considered.

    Thanks for visiting. I'm a big fan of WWM, too.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer taking comments.

Copyright © 2007-2014 JCK.



The content on these pages is the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent.

All Rights Reserved.