Sunday, June 15, 2008

A book meme

I have just been tagged by Tootsie Farklepants with a book meme. She likes to torture me. Thank GOD it is simple. Because....well, it is Father's Day and I am worn out. The morning was lovely with an amazing church service and breakfast out with two children exhibiting excellent manners. Truly stunning! I guess the hot chocolate and pancakes with syrup helped a bit. Later, trying to keep the same two small children from using their father as a bounce house ...especially when the father in question was trying to watch...shhhhh...the sacred, the holy ...the mighty game of GOLF! YAWN...YAWN.. But, hey, it's Father's Day and all dads should be so indulged. Love ya, baby! We all survived and now I am going to tackle this book meme.

The rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.


Small dimensional changes either way will alter the final size dramatically.

I first experimented with 1 1/2"-wide boards for the clock ring, but found it wasn't deep enough for the clock hardware I used. Once again, I suggest purchasing the hardware before cutting, to be sure the interior depth is suitable.


Now what exactly is this book you ask? Some mechanical sex manual by my bedside? True, depth is mentioned multiple times, but a "clock ring" should not be confused with that other C ring. No...these inspiring and stimulating sentences come from the book "The Pocket Hole Drilling Jig Project Book"by Danny Proulx.

My husband and I share...much. Including a desk. His book was the closest! Somehow seems apropos on Father's Day.

Happy Father's Day to you and yours!


And I tag you wild and wooly women with this same book meme:




Rants & Raves

The Reluctant Blogger

Um...try to keep it clean, ladies.


submit to reddit

13 comments:

  1. Haha!

    You would love a tv programe we have here - "Have I got news for you" - each week they have a 'guest' publication...it's always a really obscure magazine, from which you have to guess a headline...what you blogged would fit in perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if he's related to Annie Proulx? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, define clean. If you need something from a book that isn't dusty, we're in trouble. ;)

    This is fun. I did it before ages ago, but now I can do it again on purpose!

    (I think we have the book you quoted . . . )

    ReplyDelete
  4. She tagged me too!

    Fascinating clock ring! That wasn't a typo, I guess.

    Our Fathers Day involved Italian food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was great!!

    Unfortunately, my mind was in the gutter too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seeing as we are doing repairs, I knew what you meant right away ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to read that 3 times before I saw the "l"... I can't DYNAMITE my mind out of the gutter nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Memarie Lanie half-way beat me to my comment...but I probably shouldn't finish it anyway. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha!! Glad you explained! I was like, "hey! What's she makin'?"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool choice of book. And thanks for the tag. I did do this one before - here and I haven't read anything new since. I never seem to find time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A "clock ring" indeed. You are fooling nobody, JCK!! haha! But seriously, thanks for clarifying the book title. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a dirty mind.

    P.S. I actually enjoyed the golf match (for once). I had just gotten home from my long weekend and was not about to interrupt my hubby from his father's day pleasure. It was amazing watching Tiger's tenacity. wow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved you over on Mrs. G.'s today! I see we share boyfriends (Sawyer & Viggo, aka Aragorn).

    I'm playing along on this meme, cause I love it so.

    "The future appeared cloudy and there was no doubt he sensed his own mortality and that of Trujillo in the fall of Cuba. Which might explain why, when he met Beli, he jumped on her stat. I mean, what straight middle-aged brother has not attempted to regenerate himself through the alchemy of young pu$$y." Hope that was clean enough! It's from the Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, by Junot Diaz (who won a Pulitzer Prize for it).

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer taking comments.

Copyright © 2007-2014 JCK.



The content on these pages is the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent.

All Rights Reserved.