Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Favorite stump speeches this week

Mommy, do you choke on artichokes? - question posed by GIRL. It makes sense. Why would it be called artiCHOKE if you didn't choke on it.

Mommy, Mommy! Look! It's a papillon! - This from a BOY, originally diagnosed with speech delay...who obviously now has an extensive vocabulary... referring to a little dog going by and referencing Papillon to Fancy Nancy and the Posh Puppy book.

Mommy, I'm making a sign and putting it outside. "No toys with batteries in the sandbox or in water." - GIRL takes a piece of blue colored paper, makes several marks on it for words and tapes it to the outside of our house.

Mommy, I can't DO IT right now. I'm changing baby's diaper. - GIRL on being asked to come sit down to breakfast. Who can eat when a baby doll's diaper is at stake.

Mommy, can I have chocolate milk? Mommy, can I have soy milk? Mommy, can I have a special treat? -A rapid fire assault by BOY, said without pause, between NO's from his mommy. And then....Oh, MAN!

Mommy, you know why I am excited about our trip? I get to wear a grown-up seat belt on the airplane. - GIRL anticipating our upcoming trip.

Mommy, you have blonde hair like me. No, it is WHITE. - BOY getting his facts straight.


submit to reddit

11 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Girl has her mommy priorities straight!

Kellan said...

Yes, I loved that girl had to change the baby's diaper first - too cute!! And the artichoke comment was very funny! They are so much fun, aren't they?

Have a good WEdnesday J - see you later. Kellan

susiej said...

My son always says "white" or '"yellow" hair. These kids are so funny.

Manic Mommy said...

It's the rapid-fire/no-room-in-between-to-answer the questions that gets to me.

Breathe, boys, breathe.

jennifer h said...

I get this one: "But Mommy..." So my name sometimes just sounds like Buttmommy. Which very well describes how I feel some days.

This are all so great. Papillon, indeed. You should casually mention THAT one at school.

Mrs. G. said...

Oh the thrill of the grown-up airplane belt. It's the simple things for the small fry. I love it.

HRH said...

Love the sign idea. My boys call them "no signs" and draw pictures or words and then a circle with a line through it. Often everything I want to do is forbidden by "no signs" around the house. Too cute.

Jen said...

Love these. Where are you going on your trip? I can't wait to take a vacation!

happygeek said...

Gotta LOVE it!

Lisa said...

Those rapid fire questions just amaze me...thank goodness it only requires the same answer, NO!

MamaGeek said...

Hmmph, actually GIRL does have some very good questions! :)

Copyright © 2007-2014 JCK.



The content on these pages is the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent.

All Rights Reserved.