Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Boy's been a Mosquito Happy Meal Target

Boy has mosquito bites. Big mosquito bites. It looks like he's been a Mosquito Happy Meal target. One of the bites is on the center of his chest and is very red and inflamed and looks like it has a red ring around it. Spider bite? Maybe he's just been really scratching it? His skin is very sensitive. I tell my mom my concerns.

It could be impetigo, she says. IMPETIGO! For God's sakes!

I don't think it is impetigo, Mom.

Well, you know impetigo can get in the bloodstream and spread and...and..., she says.

I tend to be a worrier. I worry. That's my job. I DON'T NEED TO BE WORRYING THAT MY SON HAS IMPETIGO! I'm just not going to worry about this. It is ridiculous. He will be fine. OK, let's see what the online dictionary says about impetigo...

Noun 1. impetigo - a very contagious infection of the skin; common in children; localized redness develops into small blisters that gradually crust and erode

im·pe·ti·go
(mp-tg)

n. pl. im·pe·ti·gos
A contagious bacterial skin infection, usually of children, that is characterized by the eruption of superficial pustules and the formation of thick yellow crusts, commonly on the face.

Greeaaat...just GREAT! Now, I'm friggin' worrying about impetigo. Let's get real. He doesn't have any blisters and it's not on his face. It is also not blistered. Although there is a small yellow dot...Could that be a pustule!! Maybe I can look at some online pictures ...STOP! Just STOP! This is just insane. He has an allergic reaction to a mosquito bite. I'll go with that... I'm ready for E to arrive. He can deal with friggin' impetigo, for God's sakes!


submit to reddit

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer taking comments.

Copyright © 2007-2014 JCK.



The content on these pages is the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent.

All Rights Reserved.