Thursday, September 13, 2007

I have this habit, let's call it a little quirk

I have this habit, let's call it a little quirk of claiming my children when they are doing something well... good. For example, we got some very big news today. Apparently MY son led his pre-K class in the Pledge of Allegiance. MY son. Led the class. (My GOD, I'm going to HAVE to REVIEW. The only Pledge that is being bantered around our house is for cleaning, and well... you know my stance on that!) Now, did we hear this news from him? No. The news was delivered via another little boy who told his mom, who happens to be a friend of mine, and whom I happened to chat with tonight on the phone. But, what were the chances? That's the thing about Boy. He isn't really into divulging news or even little tidbits. He did it, it was done. Let's move on. But, let's just call him MY son.


When GIRL does something naughty or nice, we're sure to hear about it from her. There's: Mommy, Mommy, Mommy! I put the play dough away all by myself. I am a good helper. That's MY daughter! And then there's: look Mommy I threw my sticky cereal on the floor!! Or, while smeared in jam on hands, face and clothes she runs purposefully into the living room to roll around on the couch laughing hysterically. Look what I'm doing! LOOK WHAT I'M DOING!, said with what is truly maniacal laughter. She then becomes YOUR daughter. As in... E your daughter has just smeared jam all over the couch.

Now, you may think I'm being a bit insensitive putting this onus on E. But, although I come from a long line of characters, shall we say, in my family tree - at least my brothers weren't catching themselves on fire. Ah...yes, food for thought... for another day.


submit to reddit

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer taking comments.

Copyright © 2007-2014 JCK.



The content on these pages is the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent.

All Rights Reserved.