Sunday, September 16, 2007

A rare evening out


Tonight E and I actually escaped to go to a friend's 40th birthday party, a mere babe. We left our babes at home. It was great! We had a fabulous time, sitting under the setting sun on a terrace, with the subtle scent of lemons in the air. Sipping a chilled raspberry beer, [apparently made by sober monks - go figure!], I caught up with old friends and met new. Of course, I talked about the kids. I try not to, but the conversation just creeps in. Before I know it, I'm describing something the kids are up to or blah, blah, blah... Apparently the woman I was talking to was actually listening as I didn't get the eyes glaze over look. It was good to be out without someone pulling on my skirt (GIRL) or flipping it up (BOY). So, we inhaled both good conversation and moments on the hill and headed home. When we returned, aforementioned children were still awake, and the reception we received was not unlike we had returned from a year long journey to the moon. Aaahhh children... you can't pay for cheerleaders like them. They had had quite the evening themselves. Apparently regaling the babysitter with stories of school, and a lecture on the proper placement of car seats in great detail. GIRL strikes again!


submit to reddit

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer taking comments.

Copyright © 2007-2014 JCK.



The content on these pages is the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent.

All Rights Reserved.