Thursday, November 27, 2008

I am thankful for...

I am thankful for the roof over my head, the little children who play within it, and the man who warms my bed. I am thankful for the clean water that flows into my house, and the dirty water that flows out. I am thankful for the food upon our table.

I am thankful for the ability to read, and to be able to read to my children. I am thankful that I feel love and am loved. I am thankful for the path that my life has taken, and for the many adventures ahead.

I am thankful for my parents, and my grandparents who came before them ...long gone, yet leaving indelible marks upon my heart and mind. I am thankful for my brothers and sister, and for their children who have a special place in my heart always. I am thankful for the extended family that has become mine through marriage. I am thankful for my life long friends and for the friends who pass through my life, sometimes never returning.

I am thankful for silly giggles and the choiceness of grabbing a handful of my husband's ass.


I am thankful for the time I have to write and for the community of bloggers whom I have met along the way. I am thankful for my readers - some who leave comments and some who keep coming back without leaving comments. They return, and for that I am thankful.

I am thankful for chocolate, caffeine and the occasional whiskey...and for the bliss of sleep, elusive yet on this day but hopefully near at hand.

I am thankful for a blue sky and a sun that continues to shine upon us. I am thankful for the rain and the newly green sprouts fighting through the soil.

I am thankful for all of these things. What are you thankful for?


Happy Thanksgiving!


submit to reddit

10 comments:

flutter said...

I am so thankful that I got to meet you, in a crusty bar in SF and get teary eyed over our beer :)

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

It's a long list, but it would definitely include employment!

painted maypole said...

many many things

and in regards to your last post... that NaBloPoMo is nearly over (and I didn't even do it!)

Mary Alice said...

Mostly family and friends...I put my list on my blog too, it is a long and strange list of thankfulness. We are blessed.

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

My list is much like yours ;)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Kate said...

A lovely post. There is much gratitude in our hearts. We just need to look closely.

Margaret said...

I am thankful that my kids' got the past week off of school so that Thanksgiving didn't feel rushed and we could make sweet potato pies together.

Cheri @ Blog This Mom! said...

Green beans.

Heh.

anglophilefootballfanatic.com said...

So many things, but I guess family, freedom, and employment.

phd in yogurtry said...

I'm thankful to read choice phrases like "choiceness of grabbing handfuls of husband's ass" Yeah...I like that!

Copyright © 2007-2014 JCK.



The content on these pages is the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent.

All Rights Reserved.