Saturday, April 19, 2008

Appetizer

Appetizer


Last night when you left
your blaze on my lips
I did but taste of
the nectar you offered.

Your mouth...
I wanted to sip upon,
to drown in,
it's sweet softness.

Instead, I savor
the deep, steady rhythm
of your body's drum
calling, calling...

And tonight, as I slide my body
under the sheets of my bed alone
I think of your body, of you,
and know...

That to slowly sip,
to let my belly grow warm
with a stoked, burning fire
is but an appetizer
of the feast to come...


Written in 1993
For my beloved E - a few weeks after we started dating.


submit to reddit

14 comments:

  1. Oh, my! I'll be taking a cold shower now.

    "CARNAL KNOWLEDGE."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you were struck from the start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, lord. It's too early for this. I'll have to remind myself to come back and re-read tonight when I have a glass of wine in hand...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with a mom two boys--I need to wake up and read this later with some nice red wine.
    So you knew it was HIM pretty quickly ;)
    Again, you are gifted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And THAT is why he married you, the lucky lucky guy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Note to self who wants to keep bar relatively low:

    Don't ever let husband find Motherscribe's blog on my computer screen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa. You rock the love poetry thing.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer taking comments.

Copyright © 2007-2014 JCK.



The content on these pages is the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent.

All Rights Reserved.