Friday, April 18, 2008

Awards to share and updating Motherscribe's blog roll

Last Friday I was minding my own business, just humming along, when Tootsie Farklepants gave me this lovely tiara. That Tootsie will not only make you laugh, but she really knows how to make a girl feel like a Queen. And since she writes her Tootsie Talks ~ Some People Listen column on Fridays, commenting on fashion, I know that this award is in good taste. Or else...she's laughing her ass off. Thank you, Tootsie!

I'd like to give this award to g, whom I met at our Bossy blogfest last week. As I was sipping my Jack & Coke, adjusting my sunglasses due to the radiance emanating from Tootsie's sparkling teeth, nervously eyeing underage waiters, and oh YES...waiting for BOSSY's arrival, g introduced herself to us as a lurker - not yet a blogger. To my delight, g commented on my blog a few days ago and let me know that she now has a blog! Go visit her at Doves Today. She likes to write about "things to celebrate" - something we could all use. Congrats on starting a blog, g!

On Monday, the amazing Holly over at June Cleaver Nirvana gave me the "I love you this much award."

Holly is amazing not only because she loves to dish out potluck on Mondays, but she is especially skilled in drawing - most recently detailing the attack upon her by her minivan. We all think she should be writing children's books. She is also incredibly generous in her promotion of other blogs. Please check out the pink box on her right hand sidebar. Thank you, Holly, for this darling award. I love the graphic as it reminds me of my little GIRL.

I'd like to pass on the "I love you this much award" to Angie from Keep Believing, who inspires me every day with her honest and heartfelt story of her husband Brian's cancer. Angie not only is the anchor in her family, but also leaves uplifting comments on many, many blogs. She is a true warrior woman.


On Wednesday, Meghan of A Mom Two Boys gave me a "You Make My Day Award." Now Meghan is known to write about many things, all of which are funny. One of my favorite posts is this: Some People are SO Stupid. Thank you Meghan! You make my day, too!

I would like to pass this along to the following daily must reads. I am addicted to these ladies:
Slouching Mom
Mrs. G from Derfwad Manor
Jenn at Juggling Life
Jennifer from Thursday Drive
Tootsie from Vintage Thirty
Holly from June Cleaver Nirvana

I wanted to take a moment to thank all of my readers. I appreciate you greatly. I adore getting comments, but I also know that the lurkers are important, too. And they are, perhaps, the ones who read my blog regularly. So, lurkers everywhere, thank you.

I am currently updating my blog roll. Please leave me a comment if you would like to be added.


submit to reddit

15 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on all the well-deserved bling! This post reminded me that I have some long overdue bling to pay forward myself. Man, am I ever bad with those thank-you notes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? I'm not one of your addictions?

    Surely the breaking of my heart has echoed all the way to California. (Earthquake in Chicago, indeed!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so sweet! Thanks for the sweet words and I love the bling...a girl can't have too much.

    I am off to check out the new blog...

    Now I wish that you and Tootsie had wore the tiaras to the party...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pretty bling! Thank you, JCK. It means a lot coming from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, from one daily read to another!

    I'll be sure to check out everyone you've referenced that I don't already read. 'Cause really, If I add one more to the Google Reader, that'll make an even 70.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you JCK!!

    And here I was thinking about getting my teeth whitened. Perhaps I ought to hold off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! You're very sweet to think of me, and you always make my day, too. Can't wait to check out the couple of blogs you mentioned that I don't already read.

    Have a great weekend, and thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful Friday treat-you are such a positive and inspiring blogger. Thank you. I know most of these other lovely bloggers, and will take the time to get to know those I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats on your well deserved awards.

    I would love to be on your blogroll. should I ever get off my rear and update mine, you'll be on it. i'm trying to decide if I should update or delete it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for your new bling :)
    I'd love to be added to your blog roll--now I need to check out some of your must reads that I haven't read!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, J. Thanks for reading my story and for your very kind comments about it. It means a lot to me.

    I am loving Tootsie Farklepants, and I'm reading Jenn's blog, too. And yours, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!

    [channels Sally Field] You like me! You really like me!

    thank you so much JCK - not just for you and Tootsie inspiring me, but also for your kind words and continued encouragement!

    Garsh!

    Glennis in Topanga

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know? The other Holly's as sweet in real life as she is on the blog. I also checked out the minivan scar. It's very well hidden.

    I finally added to the bloglines (I couldn't figure out how for the longest) & you're on mine.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer taking comments.

Copyright © 2007-2014 JCK.



The content on these pages is the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent.

All Rights Reserved.