Thursday, June 21, 2007

Boy's quest for Being Captain Underpants!


Little guy woke up yesterday morning and was dry! Amazing. He was SO proud of himself. This morning he was wet and was SO upset. I felt badly for him. I really down played the wetness and told him that it was OK and that he was learning, like all of us learn things. I could tell that he had almost made it to the bathroom, but couldn't get there. The night he was successful in waking up dry, he had awakened in the night and called out for me. I went into his room and he was standing there, very sleepy not quite sure what he was doing. I asked him if he needed to go to the bathroom and he said he did and went. Then he got back in bed and was back to sleep in about a minute. Last night I went to bed at 9pm and he didn't wake up to go the bathroom during the night. Tonight he chose a pull-up to put on rather than underwear and I am just going to let him guide the process. If he decides he wants to wear underwear again, then I will probably wake him up during the night and take him to the bathroom. Hopefully this will establish a pattern and he will eventually go on his own. He certainly has woken up and gone to the bathroom during the night, but it is sporadic at best.

I am just in awe of this whole process. It wasn't very long ago that he was in diapers and now...the very real possibility that he will be done with night-time pull-ups is on the horizon. Today was a school day and as I watched him line up and rush out of the classroom with his friends, I could almost touch the fleeting image of him as a baby, toddler and now preschooler on his way to being a little man. I am so very proud of him.


submit to reddit

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer taking comments.

Copyright © 2007-2014 JCK.



The content on these pages is the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent.

All Rights Reserved.