Sunday, December 2, 2007

Boy's bedtime tale

Most nights, after tucking BOY & GIRL in bed, I tell them a story as we sit together in the dark. It is a time when the imagination can wander. Lately, as I edge out the door...tired beyond reason, BOY has started his own ritual, his own story telling.

Mommy, Mommy, wait.... I have to tell you SOMETHING.

What do you have to tell me BOY?

A long, long, long time ago I went to a store and I ate all the food and all the people.

All the people?

Yeah.

... WOW, you must have been full.

I ate them ALL, had a BIG BURP and they flew out.


submit to reddit

12 comments:

Tootsie Farklepants said...

At least in the end the people survived! LOL!

Kellan said...

So cute. I thought he was going to say he had a "Big Gulp" - like at 7-11 - to swallow them all down. So glad they came back out. See you soon. Kellan

WorksForMom said...

Imagination - it IS a powerful thing.

Me thinks BOY is a genius AND a comedian!

THE MOM BOMB said...

That's one powerful burp!

Professor J said...

I think the boy is going to be a novelist! Perhaps magical realism? My nephew was like that--he told funny little stories. He just passed the bar. But I'm still hoping for a novel somewhere down the road.

Janet said...

Mary Margaret always requires her Daddy to make up a story about her day. Then the next day she tells the story to her animals. Gotta love those imaginations!

Mrs. G. said...

Well I was hoping for an exciting finish and I got one. Ha.

Mary Alice said...

Did they wave and say thank you?

liv said...

please go get the book "Fidgety Fish" immediately if your household likes burps.

AZMom said...

LOL He sounds a lot like my son!

What a sweetie.

Heather said...

Sound like he may have been reading "There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly." If not, get it for him. I think he'll like the end.

Rhea said...

Hi, I collect baby boomers' blogs. Wanna trade links?

Copyright © 2007-2014 JCK.



The content on these pages is the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent.

All Rights Reserved.