Sunday, December 2, 2007

Boy's bedtime tale

Most nights, after tucking BOY & GIRL in bed, I tell them a story as we sit together in the dark. It is a time when the imagination can wander. Lately, as I edge out the door...tired beyond reason, BOY has started his own ritual, his own story telling.

Mommy, Mommy, wait.... I have to tell you SOMETHING.

What do you have to tell me BOY?

A long, long, long time ago I went to a store and I ate all the food and all the people.

All the people?

Yeah.

... WOW, you must have been full.

I ate them ALL, had a BIG BURP and they flew out.


submit to reddit

12 comments:

  1. At least in the end the people survived! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I thought he was going to say he had a "Big Gulp" - like at 7-11 - to swallow them all down. So glad they came back out. See you soon. Kellan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imagination - it IS a powerful thing.

    Me thinks BOY is a genius AND a comedian!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the boy is going to be a novelist! Perhaps magical realism? My nephew was like that--he told funny little stories. He just passed the bar. But I'm still hoping for a novel somewhere down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Margaret always requires her Daddy to make up a story about her day. Then the next day she tells the story to her animals. Gotta love those imaginations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I was hoping for an exciting finish and I got one. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. please go get the book "Fidgety Fish" immediately if your household likes burps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL He sounds a lot like my son!

    What a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sound like he may have been reading "There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly." If not, get it for him. I think he'll like the end.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I collect baby boomers' blogs. Wanna trade links?

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer taking comments.

Copyright © 2007-2014 JCK.



The content on these pages is the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent.

All Rights Reserved.