Friday, December 28, 2007

8 Things meme or how to OVERtax one's brain by being a good girl


O.K., I was tagged by the lovely Lisa, Mama Milton , for a meme oh..so loooong ago. And since I tend to procrastinate, shall we say, over doing these memes... Look, I don't even know how to pronounce the word meme. That's how bad it is around here. And after I do a meme, I always remember something else that is so incredibly OBVIOUS that I've forgotten to list it. But, here goes anyway:

8 Things I'm passionate about:

  1. My husband and my children...they have the ability to fill my heart, sometimes break my heart, and yet they nourish me and are my teachers.

  2. Chocolate... anywhere, anytime, off of any surface...well maybe not the floor - wait ... 5 second rule!

  3. Clean underwear....no explanation necessary.

  4. Books, books and did I say...BOOKS? I love words, the curve of a sentence, the way it wraps around you...

  5. .... [this is called...the ellipsis.....]

  6. Sharpened pencils.....mmm...inhale...post-its, sharpies, legal pads...basically any office supplies will do, reminds me of a fresh start - new school year.

  7. Taking candid pictures of my children...they always surprise me and the camera, I love how the picture you didn't know was there is there!

  8. Movies in the movie theater...from what I can remember it is where you get to sit in the dark, and immerse yourself in a story that sweeps you up, shown on a large screen.

8 Things I want to do before I die [this strikes me as incredibly morbid, but WHATever]:

  1. Have a romantic vacation with just my husband... this will require ingenuity, money, leaving children with some sappy soul, and finding a place with no television - all of which seems insurmountable at the present time.

  2. A trip to Scotland to do a roots tour [no I am not descended from Kunta Kinte, that would be if I was from Africa, which I'd like to be, but am not.]

  3. Have grandchildren...well, it IS possible...maybe, let's see if BOY has a child at 29 I will be in my 70's, a mere spring chicken.

  4. Spend at least a month in France and Italy...who wouldn't?

  5. Go back to visit Lebanon...a place of many special memories and left so quickly all those years ago.

  6. Have "a room of one's own"...studio space with natural light for painting, writing and a chaise lounge for reading and lounging- oh, and my own computer & desk!

  7. Know that my children have grown into happy, loving, peaceful adults wanting to make a difference in the world. [LOOK, I've run out of "to do's," O.K.?]

  8. Have published something...a poem, a story, a sentence, anything will do.

8 Things I say often:

  1. Actually, ....
  2. Apparently, ...
  3. That's really cool [O.K., I'm embarrassed, but I say it...OFTEN]
  4. O.K., ...
  5. You're going to lose your privileges! [yes, this is what I say to E every night]
  6. Would you like to earn some privileges? [what I say to E every morning]
  7. TIME OUT!!! [A useless exercise in futility, but time-outs are really for me, anyway.]
  8. No way! [Still embarrassed]

8 books I've read recently [hahahaha....I'm changing this to 8 of the 12 books I have stacked next to my bed, some I'm reading, some I intend to read.]

  1. Conversations with Erica Jong [a collection of interviews, that I'm just diving into] - edited by Charlotte Templin

  2. Bel Canto by Ann Patchett - this was a great read!

  3. The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley - half-way through!

  4. Today Matters: 12 daily practices to guarantee tomorrow's success by John C. Maxwell - GOD knows I could use some guarantees!

  5. Positive Discipline for Preschoolers by Jane Nelsen, E.d.D., Cheryl Erwin, M.A., and Roslyn Duffy - positive....positive...GO TO YOUR ROOM NOW YOU BAD BOY!...positive, positive...maybe it will rub off.

  6. Are Men Necessary: When sexes collide by Maureen Dowd - a must read, just for the controversy.

  7. Last Child in the Woods: Saving our children from Nature-Deficit Disorder - a fascinating book that weighs heavily, and that's just the introduction.

  8. Raising your Spirited Child by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka - all kidding aside, I LOVED this book - need to get the updated edition that came out in 2006 or this year.

8 Songs I can listen to over and over:

  1. Tall trees in Georgia by Eva Cassidy

  2. Building a Mystery by Sarah McLachlan

  3. You're so Vain by Carly Simon

  4. You've got a Friend by Carole King

  5. Magic Man, Crazy on You, Kick it Out, Dog & Butterfly by Heart

  6. Perfect Fit by Van Morrison

  7. Crazy by Seal

  8. Any song by Joni Mitchell period.

8 things that attract me to my best friends:

  1. Laughter, humor & wittiness

  2. Ability to gab and gab and gab and gab...and gab...and gab

  3. Kindness

  4. Generosity

  5. Being from another country and culture

  6. Someone who is not afraid of my tears

  7. Heavy drinkers [it helps them with #8]

  8. A good listener

8 People who should TOTALLY do this meme [if you don't want to do it, that's NOT O.K.-- I mean it's fine, fine!, I'll just have to come over and do some blog ass kicking]:

Johanna at Inside Out

Attack of the Redneck Mommy

Liv at madness, madness i say

Kellan at On the Upside

Professor J at Professor J's Place

Janet at Adventures in the 32-Aker Wood

Bub and Pie

And then I have to make special mention of Tootsie Farklepants who tagged me for a Christmas meme that I failed to do. Tootsie, my dear sexy woman, I have failed you and I am sorry. Every time I started to do the Christmas meme, and I tried several times [I swear on my chocolate smeared keyboard pad!!!] I kept hearing:

I do not like them in a house.

I do not like them with a mouse

I do not like them here or there.

I do not like them anywhere.

I do not like Christmas memes. I do not like them Ms. Farklepants.

Basically, I'm just lazy. But, I do like you and so I magnificently tag you...Ms. Tootsie with the Farkle in her pants. [See this is what happens when I do memes!! I completely, totally lose my mind. Now, of course there is NO PRESSURE for you to do the meme. Just wanted to lob something back over to you, girl. Your serve!]


submit to reddit

11 comments:

  1. LOL! Okay. I'll do it. But only because you went all Dr. Seuss on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. a meme----say it with me: meeem!

    give me a minute. i'm currently dying of the sinus infection that evolved out of the pneumonia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you reminded me. I owe some meme-y love too.

    Great list too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. And eventually your kiddos will be doing their own thing so you'll be able to sneak other movies in too, although it might take a couple of days to get through it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tootsie - I will not, could not...go to it, girl!

    Liv - thank you for that clarification. You see in my head I was getting all Fancy Frenchy - like - le meme chose. Pronounced MEM as in Memory. Thank GOD I have you to lean on! Feel better! Pneumonia...sheesh!

    Lisa - that is very reassuring and gives me hope! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was one looong meme! Thank goodness you don't like me enough (yet) to make me do one of these. : )
    I'm gonna write my aging piece tonight. Check it out, and let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved your answers and "apparently" you and my little Alexis would get along fabulously! Thanks for thinking of me - I will put this one in my fault and get to work on it. See you soon. Kellan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Last Child in the Wood...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be posting the meme as soon as I do some blog housekeeping. Explanation in the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have "Raising the Spirited Child" as well. Excellent and helpful book. When you finish "Mists of Avalon" you'll need to read "The Forest House" and "Lady of Avalon" in that order. (They actually comes before Mists, but she wrote them after.)
    Wonderful stuff.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer taking comments.

Copyright © 2007-2014 JCK.



The content on these pages is the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent.

All Rights Reserved.