Thursday, December 13, 2007

I just want to wallow in my migraine SO sucky day

The reason everyone talks about the terrible two's is because you can't talk about the f*cking four's in polite company.

Thank GOD for my friend from the U.K. She made me laugh today.

It was one of those really, really bad days. I should have known it when I woke up with a migraine. It was a foretelling of what was to come. I should have turned around, gone back to bed, and pulled the covers over my head. But, I got up, like every mother does, and just pretended my head was its normal size and hadn't swollen to the size of a small stadium overnight. Of course, it didn't help matters when I ran over a bucket of dry concrete with my car. It fit perfectly underneath -jammed in next to the muffler and some other mysterious auto part under the car. It was resolved, actually, by my own inventiveness, and a random act of kindness by a stranger. But, that story is for another day. Right now I just want to wallow in my migraine SO sucky day that I should be pampered and called Queen for ....well, at least a year.

And then the Christmas cards came that I created online. I've been waiting with excitement, only to open up the card and the font size on the letter inside is so small, it can only be read with a microscope. Yes. That bad.

The day wasn't a total loss. My migraine finally started to fade after 12 hours and about 14 dozen Aspirin, Tylenol, Ibuprofen & Aleve. Not a good idea to let yourself run out of Imitrex. And we took the kids with friends to a local place called Travel Town and rode the train to see Santa & Mrs. Claus. It was dusk outside and the place was decked out beautifully in magical Christmas lights for the kids. GIRL told Santa she wanted a Birthday hat. Then she changed it to a Christmas hat and BOY said he wanted a fire car. I have NO idea what these items are. Hopefully Santa will figure it out. After all, tomorrow is another day...


submit to reddit

7 comments:

  1. dude: espresso. followed by red wine. and an injection of imitrex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your splitting headache, but it made for a very entertaining post - I am still laughting about the gifts your kids asked Santa for (HA! - a Birthday hat, a santa hat...). Hope tomorrow is a better day, Scarlet (is there 2 t's in Scarlett? - whatever, you know what I mean).

    BTW - just stay in contact with Lyndsay, I think she closed her order book until after the holidays, but she got to me real fast and did it very quickly - I loved working with her, it was so easy and mostly all her ideas because I didn't know what I was doing. I hope you get it going - I can't wait to see what she comes up with for you - just stay in touch with her.

    I found her through Bren's site (Three Monkey's Jumping on the Bed) and I loved what she did with her site - you probably saw it in Lyndsays examples. Oh well, I enjoyed your post and now I have to go to bed. See you soon. Kellan

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a migraine and STILL took your kids to Travel Town? Your good mother award is in the mail. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are feeling better, at least the train and Santa part sounded fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'll stop complaining about Baby Doll. At least I knew what it was, even if I had no idea how to go about getting it. Tomorrow is indeed another day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is why I never ask what they want. Never. I hope your migraine clears up really soon oh queen.
    Killing myself over the f-ing fours btw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats sucks about your cards. Why oh why can't they just contact you to say "ummmm...are you sure about this font because no one will know what you're trying to say"?

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer taking comments.

Copyright © 2007-2014 JCK.



The content on these pages is the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent.

All Rights Reserved.