Monday, December 17, 2007

The photograph

There is a photograph that I love that sits on a shelf in my children's bedroom. It is of a couple embracing. She is leaning into him, in a way that clearly shows that she needs him. He is holding her tightly. They look tired. He is wearing a baseball cap and her eyes are red-rimmed. It is a picture of relief, joy, exhaustion, wonder and love. All. And more. I know this because it is of myself and E. Just minutes after BOY was born. There is a purity and rawness about the photograph, a complete lack of pretense or even awareness of the camera .... it is beautiful. It is a moment in time that I remember vividly. I can still touch it... A moment captured by the loving eye and talent of my dear sister-n-law. I am conscious of gratitude tonight. And all that I have.


submit to reddit

10 comments:

  1. This sounds like a very special photograph, and I want to see it. I really do. Gotta scanner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gratitude seems like enough to me.

    {You have such a tender heart.}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...this is so sweet! Can you share the photo? I think I speak for all your readers when I say "Would love to see it"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, i love love. that sounds like a divine photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a photo taken the day the Pie was born. Just looking at it makes me happy - again, that total raw realness, when you're so physically and emotionally beyond the point of arranging a face to meet the faces that you meet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pics taken unaware, the ones that capture the soul of the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ladies,

    Thank you all for your sweet comments and maybe, just maybe (NOT!) Santa will bring me a scanner. Or, I will pester my friend with a scanner. Expect it up..well, sometime next Summer. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The photograph sounds awesome. I so hope Santa brings you a scanner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a lucky woman. So am I. Thanks for the reminder, my friend. See you soon. Kellan

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a priceless picture that must be.

    Lovely description.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer taking comments.

Copyright © 2007-2014 JCK.



The content on these pages is the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent.

All Rights Reserved.